Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Have I mentioned I love the ocean?!



The view on the way home.  This is the spot called the Purdy Spit.  There’s a tiny little town by my house called Purdy and when I’m heading home, I have to drive on the Spit (piece of land connecting two other pieces of land with water on either side).  The view from the Spit is awesome though.  People park on the side and throw parties down on the beach.  We’ve flown kites and gone looking for shells down there as well.  There’s lots of driftwood too.  The beach is on the other side of the bushes…you have to walk down this rocky area to get to it.  But when the tide is in, there’s hardly any beach at all!  When the tide is out, though, the beach goes out quite a ways and forms little islands.  It’s pretty cool to walk out where the water usually is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment